Town Secretary's Office
The Town Secretary provides administrative support to the Mayor and Council members as well as various Boards and Commissions.
The Town Secretary is responsible for the following:
- Board and Commission recruitment, applications and training
- Custodian of Town records
- Municipal elections
- Preparation of Council meeting agendas and minutes
The Town Secretary serves as the election administrator to ensure all legal requirements are met, including:
- Coordination of all aspects of the Towns General and Special Elections
- Assisting in the determination of viable candidates
- Preparing and maintaining candidate files
- Posting legal notices
- Monitoring the tallying of votes
See election information.
Council Meeting Agendas & Minutes
The Town Secretary coordinates, schedules and attends all Town Council meetings.
View all Town Council, Board and Commission Agendas.
View all Town Council, Board and Commission Minutes.
Town Records (Requests for Information)
The Town Secretary acts as custodian of public records, including preserving and maintaining documents such as contracts, ordinances, and resolutions. The Town Secretary also serves as the Town Records Management Officer (RMO). As the RMO, the Town Secretary responds to Requests for Information from residents, citizens, and governmental agencies.
Find more information about Town Records.