2021 International Fire Code Adoption
The Town Council of the Town of Trophy Club has adopted the International Fire Code, 2021 Edition.
For details and forms for plan review and permits, please contact Thad Johnson at 682.237.2917 or visit our Permitting Page
• Residential Plans – Residential plans with sprinkler systems are reviewed in-house by the Fire Marshal. Plans may be submitted to Thad Johnson, Permit Technician at Town Hall, 1 Trophy Wood Dr., Trophy Club, TX 76262.
• Commercial Plans – Prior to submittal to the Fire Marshal, commercial plans must be stamped and approved by a professional engineer, licensed in the state of Texas. Plans may be submitted to Thad Johnson, Permit Technician at Town Hall, 1 Trophy Wood Dr., Trophy Club, TX 76262.
• Remodels – No plan review is required for sprinkler system alterations involving 20 or less heads, but the Fire Marshal would like to look at the plans. For alterations involving more than 20 heads submit plans to Thad Johnson, Permit Technician at Town Hall, 1 Trophy Wood Dr., Trophy Club, TX 76262.
All plan reviews will be completed within 10 business days.
Our Certified Fire Inspectors inspect all homes with sprinkler systems and all commercial properties prior to occupancy. To schedule, call the Inspection Request line at 682.237.2920. You can also schedule an inspection on line. A fire inspector will contact you within 72 hours to schedule your fire inspection.
Knox Lock Box
All commercial properties, churches, schools, and apartment buildings in Trophy Club are required to have a key box on their buildings. These metal boxes are called Knox Boxes because they are manufactured by Knox, Inc. They are very difficult to open without a master key or detach from a building but allow firefighters to gain quick access to a building in an emergency. Fire inspectors will check for a properly installed Knox Box with current keys to the location. Knox Boxes are ordered on-line at www.Knoxbox.com and are assigned a unique key core for the Trophy Club Fire Department.
To order a Knox box that has been approved and keyed for the Town of Trophy Club
-select the red BUY box
-enter TROPHY CLUB in the field labeled Enter department name, Submit then Select
-A list of approved Knox Boxes will be displayed
Certified Fire Inspectors visit each commercial property, church, school, and apartment building once each year to perform fire safety inspections. Any item that needs action needs to be corrected in a short period of time, usually within 10 days.
The most common problems found during inspections include:
• Fire extinguishers are out of date.
• Fire alarms are out of date.
• Use of extension cords for permanent, rather than short-term, wiring.
• More than one surge protector or extension cord used per receptacle. (For example, plugging a surge protector into an extension cord.)
• Exit sign not illuminated.
• Blocking electrical panel or gas hot water heater.
The Trophy Club Fire Department offers free Fire Extinguisher Classes which include valuable information for employees about preparing for, preventing, and reacting to fires. The class includes a practical session using a fire extinguisher to put out a real fire. To schedule this class for your employees please contact the Fire Department at 682.237.2947.
The Trophy Club Fire Department encourages residents to schedule a free home inspection.
Resident’s Home Fire & Life Safety Inspection
Home fire safety inspections are conducted, by request, throughout the year to reduce the number of fire and safety-related hazards in your home. Trained fire fighters survey the property and provide written recommendations to improve safety conditions while offering fire safety awareness advice. For more information visit our Home Fire and Life Safety Inspection page.
For a Foster Family Home Inspection visit our Home Fire and Life Safety Inspection page.