The Town Secretary is responsible for conducting municipal elections as prescribed by the Texas Election Code and the Town Charter.
The governing and lawmaking body of the Town shall consist of the Mayor and six Council Members who shall be elected for Terms of Three Years. The Mayor and Council Members will be Elected At-Large by Place.
Trophy Club is located in two counties; the majority of Town Residents reside in Denton County but there are approximately 150 homes that fall under Tarrant County's Jurisdiction. To register to vote, simply fill out a voter registration application and mail it at least 30 Days before the election date to the voter registrar in your county of residence (either Denton or Tarrant County).
Municipal elections are held annually in May as authorized by State Law:
- May 01, 2021: Place 3 and 4 - !!CANCELLED!! (REFER TO CANCELLATION NOTICE)
- Early Voting begins April 19, 2021 thru April 27, 2021 for Other Entities (such as NISD)
- Trophy Club Voters within Denton County will Vote at Town Hall
- Trophy Club Voters within Tarrant County will Vote at Southlake Town Hall
- Election Day Voting on May 01, 2021 for Other Entities
- Trophy Club Voters within Denton County will Vote at Trophy Club Town Hall
- Trophy Club Voters within Tarrant County will Vote at Trophy Club Town Hall
- May 7, 2022: Place 5 and 6
QUALIFICATIONS TO RUN FOR TOWN COUNCIL
Town of Trophy Club Home Rule Charter, Section 3.02
Texas Local Government Code, Section 141.001
STATE LAW IDENTIFIES THE FILING PERIOD AS
- First day to file an application for place on ballot - 108th day before election
- Last day to file an application for place on ballot - 78th day before election
To Register to Vote:
To confirm your voter registration status, you may select one of two methods to perform a search:
- Your Voter Unique Identification (VUID) number, which appears on your voter registration certificate
- Your first and last name, and date of birth