May 07, 2022 Election
About the May 2022 Election:
The Town's General Election will be May 7, 2022 for the following Council Member Places:
Place 5, LuAnne Oldham (elected November 02, 2021)
Place 6, Philip Shoffner
Notice to File:
Notice is hereby given that an Application for a Place on the Town of Trophy Club, Texas Regular Election Ballot may be filed during the following time: 01-19-2022 thru 02-18-2022.
Filing Dates and Times:
- Start Date 01-19-2022 End Date: 02-18-2022
- Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Weekdays
- Office Location: 1 Trophy Wood Drive, Trophy Club TX 76262
The following are important dates and deadlines related to the May 07, 2022 General Election. If you have any questions, please contact the Town Secretary's Office at 682.237.2905
- January 18, 2022: Due Date for Semi-Annual Report from Officeholders & Individuals that have filed “Campaign Treasurer Appointment” form. Requires notarization; notary services available at Town Hall. With any document requiring notary service; please call 682-237-2900 to ensure notary availability.
- January 19, 2022: FIRST DAY to file “Application for Place on Ballot” Application must be notarized; notary service available at Town Hall.
- February 7 - May 7, 2022: Time Period to place/post Election Signs (90 days total).
- February 18, 2022: LAST DAY for filing Application for Place on Ballot. Please note that each individual’s documents take at least 15 minutes to process. Application must be notarized; notary services available at Town Hall by 5:00 PM.
- February 24, 2022: Town Secretary Conducts Drawing for Order of Names on Ballot at 9:30 AM in the EOC Room at Town Hall.
- February 25, 2022: LAST DAY for Candidate(s) to Withdraw Name from the Ballot. Must be done by 5:00 PM at Town Hall.
- April 7, 2022: DUE DATE to file 30-Day Before Election Report of Campaign Contributions and Expenditures by 5:00 PM at Town Hall.
- April 7, 2022: LAST DAY to Register to Vote in the May 7, 2022 General Election or request transfer of registration, by 5:00 PM at Town Hall.
- April 25, 2022: FIRST DAY of Early Voting by Personal Appearance.
- April 26, 2022: LAST DAY for Denton/Tarrant County to accept application for a mail ballot; to be able to vote by mail at your respective County (Denton or Tarrant).
- April 29, 2022: DUE DATE to file 8th Day Before Election Report of Campaign Contributions and Expenditures, due by 5:00 PM at Town Hall.
- May 3, 2022: LAST DAY of Early Voting by Personal Appearance.
- May 7, 2022: ELECTION DAY – 7:00AM– 7:00PM.
- May 10 - 16, 2022: Timeframe for Early Voting Ballot Board to meet to count ballots received from outside the US.
- May 17, 2022: Official Canvass of May Election Results by Town Council/Swear-In Council Members-Elect, Council Chambers during Special Town Council Meeting at 7:00 PM.
- May 17, 2022: LAST DAY to remove Election Signs
- June 18, 2022: Run-Off Election Date; if necessary, Early Voting dates TBD.
- July 15, 2022: Due Date for Semi-Annual Report from Officeholders & Individuals that have filed “Campaign Treasurer Appointment” form.
About Town Council:
The Town Council serves as a link between the residents of Trophy Club and their municipal government. The Town of Trophy Club operates under a Council-Manager form of government approved by voters through the adoption of the Town of Trophy Club Charter.
The Trophy Club Charter provides that the Trophy Club Town Council shall consist of the Mayor and six Council Members elected by numbered places and are elected at-large by the registered voters of Trophy Club to serve three-year, staggered terms of office.
The Town Council helps constituents by connecting them to resources, services, and Town Departments. Town Council also administers the Town's goals, major projects and infrastructure improvements ranging from community growth to land use, finances and strategic planning. They serve as advocates for all Trophy Club Residents.
If you have any questions, please contact the Town Secretary’s Office (682) 237-2903.